Craft: Water Art for the Yard
Create a water art yard theme using the run off from your air conditioner or cooler to provide the dripping water into the bowl of blue marbles or blue glass. See supplies and instructions below.
© Bobbie Jean Peachey
1. A wire holder for a glass. I used a holder that once held a yard globe that broke. If you can't find a wire holder to fit a glass you could use the glass mushrooms but glue the bowl right side up to hold the water and flat blue glass marbles.
2. Several bags of flat blue marbles that are used for vase fillers. I used about 10 bags of light and dark flat marbles bought from the dollar store. I also used a jar of round marble plus some more of the flat marbles at the bottom of the water art.
3. A glass that fits firmly into the wire holder.
4. A large clear plastic bowl (from the dollar store) or you could use a glass bowl. You will need to firmly glue the bowl to the water glass that fits into the wire holder. I used a plastic bowl because it glued more firmly to the water glass than my heavier glass bowl. The glass or plastic bowl will be filled with marbles and water, so it will be fairly heavy.
5. A piece of plastic to put on the ground.
6. Several large and medium sized rocks to fill in around the plastic to define the area you will be putting flat marbles and round marbles in for the splashing water and overflow from your plastic bowl.
7. A hose or pipe to position the AC or cooler run off to the edge of the roof so that it drips down into the water bowl.
1. Glue the glass and bowl together.
2. Place the plastic on the ground where you want your air conditioner or cooler run off will drip to.
3. Pile your rocks around the plastic leaving room for the marbles or flat glass pieces.
4. Push the wire holder with your glass and bowl into the middle of the plastic and into the ground.
5. Put the flat glass marbles into your water bowl. Fill it to the top with water and ensure that the water from the cooler run off will drip into the bowl from the roof.
6. Put marbles, rocks, and/or flat glass marbles over the plastic on the ground.
7. Position your hose or pipe water run off from the AC or cooler over the bowl.
8. Sit and enjoy.
Scrapbooking Clip Art
Sewing Clip Art
To the Home
To the Clip Art Index
To the Public Domain Clip Art Index
To the Big List of Clip Art of Everything
To the Big List of Holidays, Events, Occasions
Visit An Affiliate Site for More Clip Art:
Find clip art of animals, buildings, cactus, cats, children, Christmas, computers, cookies, dogs, fall, famous skylines, food and beverages, graduation, grapes, Hanukkah, hats, holidays, homes, hummingbirds, industrial complexes, Kwanzaa, mice, military helicopters, military personnel, military vehicles, Oktoberfest, penguins, people, pet responsibility, pride graphics, Red Hat Society clip art, school, summer, sunflowers, Thanksgiving, trains, vegetables, wine, and much, much more.
Resource Center All Holidays
Autism Books Online Christian Christmas
At Our House
Newspapers Public Domain
Contact: Bobbie Jean Peachey
Everything You Ever Wanted in Clip Art!
The complete list of clip art on the combined sites of two cousins (Clipart Mountain and ABKL Designs) that includes all the clip art: animals, people, houses and buildings, cactus, computers, cultural clip art, food graphics, hobby images, dance, military, music, religious clip art, sports images, holiday clip art, medical clip art links, photos, education, school, books, doctors, trains, seasons, nurses, garden, flowers, fantasy, awards, pride ribbons and everything else you might want in clip art.
© Bobbie Jean Peachey
1995 - 2016. All rights reserved.